Supermarkets' Affinity Cards
A Way to Donate to UNA-SA Painlessly
The United Nations Association of Southern Arizona (UNA-SA) has links with the supermarket chains Albertsons, Safeway and Fry's - through which the chains donate a percentage of each purchase to UNA-SA. If you link your purchases, less certain items such as tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, lottery tickets, and prescriptions, you can support UNA-SA without spending an additional penny!
Below are instructions to register for each of the three corporate chains.
ALBERTSONS - Scan a Community Partners Key Tag for our organization and help us receive up to 5% of your eligible purchases as a cash contribution from Albertsons Market. A shopper must have a UNA-SA Albertsons Community Partners key chain tag. These cards are available at any UNA-SA event or in the UNA-SA Center.
SAFEWAY - UNA-SA's supermarkets program coordinator must have your name and Safeway card number found on the back of the red Safeway affinity card for online input into the Safeway system. You may merely use your phone number at the cash register once the coordinator has the number from the back of your card. If you do not know your card number, it should be available at the Safeway customer service counter. Once you have it, give your name and card number to a UNA-SA volunteer at any UNA-SA event or call it into the Center at 520-881-7060.
FRY'S FOODS - A shopper must first be registered online with Fry's Food.
Step 1: Register a Fry's Foods VIP online account. Those who are already registered online may skip directly to STEP 2.
- Go to http://www.frysfood.com
- Select 'Register'
- Under 'Sign in' information, enter your email address and create a password. Save this info.
- Select 'Use Card Number'
- Enter your Fry's VIP card number, last name, and postal code
- Under 'Select Your Preferred Store', enter your postal code
- Select 'Find Stores'
- Choose your favorite store and select 'Create Account'
- You will be prompted to check your email inbox for a confirmation email
- Click the hyperlink in the email to finish online account creation
Step 2: Register for the Fry's Community Rewards Program.
- Sign into your Fry's online account with your email address as 'user ID' and the password you created earlier
- Select 'My Account'
- Select 'Account Settings' from the 'drop down' menu
- Click on 'Edit' under 'Community Rewards'. If prompted, enter personal information
- Under 'Find Your Organization,' enter UNA-SA's organization number 50273 and then click 'Search'
- 'United Nations Association of Southern Arizona' should appear. Select that box
- Select 'Enroll'
- If your registration is complete, UNA-SA's information should appear under 'Community Rewards' on your Account Summary webpage.
REMEMBER - linking your supermarket purchasing to UNA-SA will cost you absolutely nothing and UNA-SA receives a donation from these supermarkets (excluding purchases of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, lottery tickets, prescriptions)!
Thank you for supporting UNA-SA in its efforts to educate southern Arizonans about the United Nations' crucial role in today's world. These funds will help!